Tuesday, December 4, 2007

jamie and eric-10-midnight talk ends

“Yeah, fine.” Eric couldn’t argue that. Eric shifted a little on the bench. The fervor that had driven him up the wall was gone. Now the anxiety that led him to seek Master Brown’s advice had dissipated as well. He felt drained. He felt ready to sleep. But he felt small in Master Brown’s presence, and kept quiet. Sitting on his hands.

“Well I suppose we’re done here. I probably won’t have anything set up until next week.” She stood up, yawning. She paused in her motion towards the door. “Is there anything else you wanted to talk about?”

Eric shook his head. There was nothing else he needed to say that he wanted to.

“Alright then. Off to bed with you. And remember to be quiet for Jamie because he sleeps in the living room.”

Eric bade her goodnight, and shrugged off the sting. Of course he knew that Jamie slept in the living room. He wasn’t that far removed.

After three steps, Eric realized his work shoes were loud on the wood floor. Take them off now, or try to get out of Jamie’s space more quickly? The moonlight was weak in living room, and Eric couldn’t even see really. It was highly likely he might stumble into the couch. Wake Jamie up directly. He took his shoes off.

Eric slept well.

1 comment:

sunshinejellyfish said...

I already read this one like the same day you posted it, and now I'm so eager to find out what the heck is wrong (and I have theories, I think I at least get the symptoms) and you're not posting anymore!

You don't have to if you have things going on (omg! finals!) just thought I'd let you know I check this like every day...